Monday, April 18, 2016

Hide and Seek


Hiding…I have been away from my blog for a long while.  It felt like I was hiding from the world and I was content with that.  My experiences good or bad are mine to have. I thought, why should I feel obligated to share?  A few months ago I heard a sermon from one of my favorite pastors and the message was you must use even your smallest gifts or they will be taken away. Fast forward to today and the message was blessings come with burdens. The problem is we spend our time focused on the burden, instead of focusing on the blessing. *Joel Osteen, Lakewood Church Before that sermon, I dedicated my attention to the burden of trying to find time to write in my days that already seemed too short due to the balancing act between work and life. I was overlooking the fact that finding time for my blog was a blessing because it shifted my work-life scales towards enjoying life.  Even if I reach only one person, but they are motivated to “live their life to the fullest”, I have brought value. After I write, I feel better. My thoughts shift from how hard it was to find the time to write, to how writing was time well spent. That far outweighs the burden of sharing my life and is one small gift that I want to keep.
 
Seeking…Even though I have been away from my blog, I have been very generous in my day-to-day life.  It seems even more than usual, I have willingly shared my business experience and my personal experience so others can learn from my experience and make their lives better.  I have felt exhausted and betrayed in a sense because it felt like no one was sharing anything with me. I realize now that the perceived betrayal was the burden that comes with the blessing of helping others.  “The best way to learn is to teach. “  Therefore helping others is helping me.  In the meantime, I have resolved to seek a mentor to provide me with career advice and guidance; and cherish my existing and growing network of like minded friends and family who always support me.

Vitiligo Moment: Recently, I wore a blouse that exposed my arms as I often do.  I live in the south and it is typically warm this time of year. On this day someone asked what was wrong with my arm.  I responded nothing, it’s just vitiligo, the skin disorder Michael Jackson had.  I fully expected to have to go into a long discussion about what is vitiligo.  Instead, the questioner simply said oh, ok.  Some banter about how young I looked ensued. He said that he really just wanted to tell me that I was pretty and he asked for my number. Life is funny sometimes…Is my vitiligo now becoming a pick up line for guys to approach me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Really glad you're back. Your messages are always so uplifting and insightful. keep it up girl. You always pick me up with your i=wise word.

Mosaic L said...

Thank you for your support!