Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Story of My Spritual Growth Told Through My Beautiful "Mosaic" Hands



Beautiful Mosaic Hands Jan. 2011


Mosaic Hands Dec. 2012





Mosaic Hands Dec. 2013


Over the years I have seen an improvement spiritually and physically.  Physically, I have naturally re-pigmented with no help from medicine.  I monitor my diet and I work out regularly, but the change I am most proud of has nothing to do with my outside appearance.  "Funny, how things change".

I was recently at my local car wash.  The attendant approached me to take my order and he immediately commented how beautiful I am. I smiled and placed my order for the wash that I wanted.  He took my order and as I was reaching for my money, he asked me what was wrong with my hands.  My reply was "nothing is wrong".  He said "Oh, Ok" and went on to tell me about how he had suffered from psoriasis before seeking the help of a dermatologist to get it under control.

The dialogue I shared with the car wash attendant is a testament of how I have changed in the past two years.  I no longer offer long explanations or try to explain my Vitiligo as a "disorder". I feel nothing is wrong.  I am not a Vitiligo sufferer. My beautiful body just happens to be complimented by my natural body art, known as Vitiligo. Vitiligo creates this wonderful vanilla, chocolate swirl complexion that I love so much.

We are one month into 2014 and I feel like I have experienced 10 years of chaos in that one month.  Thank God for this inner peace and spiritual grounding that I have grown into to brace me on this bumpy ride of life.  "Haters, get on your job", because you remind me of how "Oh, so good" I am at what I do. Enemies, you are already closer to me than most of my "friends", so I will continue to keep you close. My village (those in my life who support me) is evolving as people exit and enter my life with new lessons to teach me. Hello 2014...bring it on!






No comments: