Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary


This month marks the five-year anniversary of me developing Vitiligo. I am celebrating my anniversary. I am celebrating how this skin disorder has enhanced my life.
I am celebrating what I have learned this past five years.
I started this blog with the intention of turning Vitiligo into something positive. I still recall the initial shock, embarrassment, and sadness I felt five years ago.  I literally mourned the loss of my beautiful brown skin, but I did not allow myself to remain in a state of mourning. I completely refocused my attention to the one of a kind piece of mosaic art that my body had become, an equisite fusion of various shades of chocolate and vanilla.
Lately, I have gotten so busy "Living my Mosaic life to the fullest" that I have not done much blogging. Maybe that will change, maybe it will not. In the meantime, what I have done more in five years is pay attention to life. I do not save my fun for vacations anymore. I have fun any day. I have always been complimented for my smile, but now my smile is accompanied by laughter. "Imitation is the purest form of flattery". I share my hairstyles, my clothing styles, and I am an amazing mentor to my peers on the job. For them they have my ideas, they learn how to do their job, and more. My Vitiligo, on the other hand, is now an original fashion accessory to me that cannot be duplicated, because no single Vitiligo case is identical. I get to be even more special and uniquely beautiful. My confidence and inner piece (true happiness) come from inside. I gladly share both.  They only enhance my outer beauty. My advice is to those who still have not realized their beauty. Once you find your inner happiness, confidence and outer beauty will become your reality.

I truly hope that you too are (or will start) "living your life to the fullest"...all you have to do is redirect negative thoughts into positive thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
What a joy to hear from you again! I am glad you are doing great and is embracing all of you! Be well, take care, and enjoy life to the fullest. I shall take a cue from you and enjoy each day as if it is my last day.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Mosaic L said...

As always, thank you so much for your continued support! Cherish each day as if it is the beginning and you will have no regrets when you reach your last.

Tonya said...

I'm a little behind on reading this post but it's just what I needed to hear today! I miss seeing and talking to you...hopefully we can reconnect soon...Take care and Please...Please...Please...keep these posts coming...you really don't realize how much of an inspiration you are...

Tonya

Anonymous said...

Great blog here! Also your website rather a lot up fast!

What host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink to your host?
I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

My web page; movie chat 45751