Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Zen in Me

Image courtesy of ponsuwan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=3229

My posts have gone from once a month to once a quarter, but at least I am still writing. Having it all is a myth in my life. I do believe that I have all that is important. My challenge is to balance it. I survive by prioritizing. I cannot be in three different places; at three different times, doing three different things. I can be in one place and likely manage to complete a minimum of two of those three things. The decision is simply what the priority is.

My health (physical, spiritual, and emotional) is a priority. This is not easy when there are many other things in your life such as your job, your relationships, even your finances that are so very important. I check my ego at the door when I enter my office (job), I bring compromise to the table (relationships), and I live below my means (finances). It does take much discipline not to react to negativity around me. "Experience is a good teacher" and I have learned. I will not give my power to a stranger who frowns at me. I have an acquaintance that makes a point to irritate me. She seemingly never has anything positive to say, even when she says these negative things with a smile. I give her nothing but positive back. I suppose I am not so Zen1 after all, because I know the positive I give her irritates her as much as her negative she irritates me. I admit that I am still "a work in progress", but I remain on the path to forgive her completely.

Vitiligo Point of View
Although my health is one of my priorities, it is not the only priority. As life becomes more stressful, as I get less sleep, and as I eat a little more chocolate to melt the day away; I do worry that more "vit" spots will appear. My goal is not worry about the "vit". So far my Zen1 is winning because all I hear are comments about how beautiful I am or how amazingly calm and happy I am.  With the stress that I live with everyday, this is a brilliant success! This positive living is working for me. I recommend you try it.




1Wikipedia definition of Zen  

The word Zen is from theJapanese pronunciation of the Middle Chinese word 禪 Dzyen (Modern Mandarin: Chán), which in turn is derived from the Sanskrit word dhyāna, which can be approximately translated as "absorption" or "meditative state".[3]
Zen emphasizes the personal expression of experiential wisdom in the attainment of enlightenment.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
How glad I am to hear from you! You are truly my inspiration. You are always so positive. Keep that up , and your life will continue to be blessed. ou really make me work harder on me and give me things to work on and adapt from you to me.
Stay positive an keep that beautiful spirit.
God bless.
Anonymous

Mosaic L said...

Staying positive is my goal everyday. Even when I get down and slip into the negative, I find my way back to positive.

Blessings to you, as well.
-Mosaic

Cure Herbals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.