Saturday, July 23, 2011

Embrace Your Blessings


We are half-way through summer and it is hot!  Some psychologists believe that if you imagine yourself in a cold place that you will feel cooler.  The mountains have that effect on me.  More importantly, I find the thought of being in snowy mountains peaceful.

Vitiligo Point of View
Someone recently declared to me that Vitiligo is my blessing. Vitiligo brings out the real me because over the years, I focused on my career, my education and other generic fillers of life and lost touch with what is truly important. I agree that I am spiritually grounded and focused. I have matured into my true self.  However, I believe this was destined to happen despite Vitiligo.  Vitiligo gave the grown up me a kick-start, but I would argue that I am not graceful because of Vitiligo. It is because of this maturity that I have been able to handle Vitiligo so gracefully.   

I have a friend who has a complex about her bust size.  I have a relative who complains that her butt is too big.  This is so cliché, yet it is true.  Women pay thousands of dollars to have enhancements to these body parts. So, are my friend’s naturally big boobs her blessing or my relative’s big butt her blessing?  Maybe my friend is on to something with the blessing declaration.

I still have not accepted Vitiligo as a blessing.  However, I am so thankful that I have embraced it as an asset.  It has made me a better person if in no other way than providing me a beautiful platform from which to encourage particularly women to love them-selves.

Be healthy, happy, and embrace your perceived shortcomings, they could be your blessings after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I wondered where you were. I've missed you! I am glad to hear from you. As usual, your blog was worth the wait. You are a wonder. Every time I feel down, I just read one of your uplifting blogs, and I feel better.
From now on, I shall be grateful for all my assets--big boobs and big butt--they are God-given .So I am thankful for all blessings
Take care. I look forward to chatting again. O, did I tell you,"You are agreat writer?"

Mosaic L said...

Awe, thanks. I appreciate your support so much...and yes, you have told me about my writing. I'm still contemplating your advice to write that book. All in due time, I still have a few more life lessons to endure. :-)