Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Free as a Bird"


I hear "SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!" playing in my head.  Officially, we have a few more days until summer starts, but for most of us, summer has begun.  Shake things up this summer and do something differently. My best friend has vowed to cut her hair for the summer. I have taken no such stance. However, I look forward to change in my life. I can feel it. Something new and fresh is on the horizon. 

Vitiligo Point of View
I have already been in my little summer dress.  I am excited and ready.  It is time to move past any perceived body image issue that we have hidden under the layered clothing of winter. 

I learned that some afflicted with Vitiligo must stay covered in the summer to avoid being burned.  However, there are plenty of indoor activities and shaded areas outside to enjoy the freedom to display what has been concealed all winter. Smooth on your sunblock and have some fun!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Mosaic,

I plan to do something different this summer and I am enrolling in an exercise class (pilates). I may not be able to control my "vit", but I can modify the inches on my waist!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mosaic,
Hey, Good for you. Your posts are always so positive. I have not been wearing pants because I think I have a big but, but this summer, I shall wear pants and let it show.
THanks.