Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just say Thank You

Image provided by clickconsultants.com

When you are as accustomed as I am to being an independent woman and taking care of myself and in many ways those around me, it can be difficult to accept a nice gesture. My role is normally the cheerleader, I keep everyone encouraged and laughing. So, in a small moment when a friend wants to do something nice for me (really simple like buy me lunch), I have to fight the urge to try to talk them out of it.  Why is it so hard to receive a gift when it is not my birthday? The only thing I can come up with is ego. I have been enlightened about ego through Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. How do I overcome this? I just say Thank You.


The fastest way to happiness is to do something nice for someone else. If you are waiting on your prayers to be answered, do things for others in the meantime. There is one small caveat, you must give and expect nothing in return. I think I am just experiencing a wealth of good Karma right now because my friends and family have been so generous. I know that I could do it all by myself, but it sure feels good to not have to.

Therefore, for all the random acts of kindness, I say Thank You.  I was dreading my birthday this month, now I am looking forward to it, not because I expect gifts, just because I feel good about another happy, healthy year of looking and feeling fantastic!

Vitiligo Point of View
Ladies, you know that feeling you get when you are in your sweats with no makeup and some random guy (or your sweetheart) walks up to you and says you're beautiful? I recently had one of those moments, while displaying my "body art" (my body art =vitiligo, what I perceive to be my obvious flaw). I did not over analyze a perfect stranger's words, I just said Thank You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Girl,
How happy I am for you. Happy birthday and I hope you many more healthy, happy, and properous birthdays. Go out and celebrate.
How said that because you have vitiligo that you are not beautiful. What you say in your blog brings out you inner strenght and wisdom. Girl! How beautifu is THat!
I look forward to your postings. Kep them coming.
Anonymous

Mosaic L said...

I did go out and celebrate my birthday. I kept it low key, but I had a lot of fun. As always, your support means the world to me. Life is beautiful when you have love in it. I am so glad that you are in my circle of love.