Sunday, March 6, 2011

Forgettable (Blending In)


Image Provided by 123mycodes.com

I was recently acquainted with a woman that I met over a year ago. She did not remember me. The odd thing is I was pleasantly surprised that she did not remember me. I thought, maybe for once, I actually blended in.

It is strange how Vitiligo has changed my life. Before it, I preferred to stand-out from the crowd. Now, it feels good to be un-noticed sometimes. This week in my exercise class, I worked out in a tank top.  For some reason, I am comfortable displaying my Vitiligo in full form on occasion in public. However, I have not been so free when I exercise.  This week, I simply got too warm and had no choice.  The idea of the other women glaring at me crossed my mind, but then I thought, the other women in class were probably too busy working out and sweating themselves to be concerned about the canvas of my body. 

Most women and I would guess that a great number of men are somewhat self-conscious when working out.  Our society can be superficial at times. My pride, ego, insecurity or whatever it was in that moment snuck up on me.  I'm glad that I was able to overcome it.  I wish you the same strength whenever your "whatever" self-doubt sneaks up on you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Girl,
You are not just one of the girls. You are special. You are a beutiful, wonderful person. You possess both outer and inner beauty. What a combination!
I have missed your comments. I look forward to hearing from you at least once a month, but I guess your pride and joy keeps Momma busy.

Mosaic L said...

Oh yes, my little one does keep me busy, but I'm still blogging at least once a month. Thank you so much for your kind words. A little random self-doubt just caught me off guard. I handled it as I have been taught to. I acknowledged it and then I overcame it and got on with my day. :-)

Tonya R Jenkins said...

I haven't read one of your posts in a while but going through them now makes me miss you guys...Stay blessed...Tonya

Mosaic L said...

We miss you and the "fam" too, Mrs. Tonya J.