Tuesday, June 25, 2019

I honor World Vitiligo Day today, June 25th.  In 2019, I celebrate my Vitiligo.














WVD Conference 2008


I have come full circle. In 2008, I attended my very first World Vitiligo Conference. Being diagnosed about a year at that time, I was still in a haze and very much in hiding. I met Lee Thomas, who had written a book that detailed his journey with Vitiligo as an on-camera TV journalist. He gave me hope and direction.

It is often communicated that there are no medical complications related to Vitiligo other than the color loss. We disagree. Mental health is a medical condition and should be the first treatment path for those with Vitiligo. This will be the most important factor in success.


WVD Conference 2019













My Vitiligo journey has been one of healing.
Without that mental stability, my physical transformation would not be possible.
2009





2019













I serve with Mosaic Life Online.  Join me as we heal...Mind and body.


No comments: